A New Hobby!

by - February 12, 2015

Salam peeps! I'm back with another blogpost and today imma tell you guys about something I have been doing lately: decorating cakes and cookies!! I have actually taken a 'course' with my friend Dana where we decorated these yummy foods and it was so exciting! :3 As I 'learnt' the basics of decorating cakes, cupcakes, and cookies, I decided to share with you guys a few cake and cookie recipes along with their icing sugar, royal icing, and even sugar paste tips...

SO for this blogpost, imma share with you a cookie recipe and icing I have used, and share with you some pictures of what I have baked! :D

For the cookies, I used this video, which I found very simple and helpful:



One note though, is that I didn't have baking soda at home so I didn't add it to the dough, but still, it turned out to be fine and delicious :3

For the icing, I have two recipes, one for only drawing and marking the edges, and the other is for both drawing and filling in the drawn lines.

For the drawing icing, you need to add and mix by hand: one egg yolk, and two cups of sifted icing sugar added gradually (you can add more if you found the mixture to be soft and liquid-y :P), you can also add the color you like! It is important to note that this mixture dries rather quickly.

As for the filling icing, you will need: 4 tablespoons of icing sugar, 3 tablespoons of meringue powder, and 6 tablespoons of warm water (not hot, neither cold.. in between).
Sift the icing sugar and add the meringue powder then add the water.. Start by adding the water gradually for once it becomes loose, it's hard to thicken it back. Until here, you can use the mixture for drawing, so if you want a looser mixture to fill in the surface, add a little more water to the mixture!.. You can add the colors to any stage ^.^

Now that you've been given the recipes, it's time for you to show me what you've done! Tweet me pictures of your cookies and decorations to my account @AyaKholoki :D

As for me, this is what I have done with Dana, and alone:

These decorations were pretty basic as we were playing around, experimenting different design techniques and colors :3








Hope you like the recipes and my designs! Can't wait to see yours ;) Take care xx
Salam! x


You May Also Like

0 comments