My Pregnancy Journey

by - August 29, 2019


Starting this post hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be..
Perhaps it's because it's bringing back so many memories of the 9 months that have passed, or even the 3 and a half years of marriage before them.. Maybe it's because being a mother has always been a dream of mine, and I still can not believe it happened!
Anyhow, my pregnancy journey started in October 2018, in the exact month my gynecologist told me I might have to take some kind of medication because my "eggs were too small".. TMI, I know, but I'm just mentioning this to show how much of a blessing it was to get pregnant, in that month, and before even starting that medication! Subhanallah.. Right then and there it fell in my heart that "Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is!"


However, we didn't know until mid November and what an unexpected, delightful surprise!
My husband and I told our families and we I guess that's when it started to sink in..

Alhamdulillah, I didn't suffer from any morning sickness at all - maybe it's because I was busy with my internship to even think about it, or maybe it's a genetic thing as my mom didn't have it as well - either way, I was pretty happy and blessed to have a smooth start.. However, I did feel tired most of the day, which was very normal..
A couple of months into my pregnancy I stopped interning and stayed at home where I rested better and focused on obtaining a healthier lifestyle in general, so I ate better, drank more water, and took my vitamins and all .. I also focused on memorizing Surat Al-Baqarah and made it my goal to finish it before the baby arrives 💖
As the months rolled by, I started noticing mild changes in my body, like my bust size and fast hair growth, I felt less tired, and acid re-flux started kicking in.. At first, it was rare and would go away once I take an Antacid medicine, however, as I was encouraged to drink lots of water through out the day, it became more irritating and harder to get rid of, and that's definitely one of the things I do not miss from my pregnancy :')

At 17 weeks, we visited the doctor for a routine check-up, and we got to know the gender of our baby! *yay* And when the doctor told us that "it" was a "she", so many thoughts and emotions ran through my head! I was so happy and excited; however, a bit nervous as I think I have "better experience" with dealing with boys since I have three younger brothers.. As for my husband kept calm and quiet for the rest of the visit but I could see his wide, shy smile whenever I looked at him..
We then did another ultrasound as per the doctor's recommendation, and the other doctor confirmed it.. "How do you know that's it's a girl?" I asked, "See? There's nothing there!" and she pointed towards her legs on the screen in front of her 😂

We then decided to tell both our families together so we had lunch together at my parents' house and celebrated with a cake.. The cake was made by Jood Cakes - I've linked her Facebook page for you to check out; they deliver to all emirates, and the cake was absolutely delicious! 
Most of our family were team girl, except for two of my brothers and my father in law.. My mom said she wanted a girl but expected a boy, but once we cut into the cake, everyone cheered and was so so happy.. However, we then fell into the daze of choosing a baby name which was NOT easy at all! In fact, we didn't name her until four days after her birth, but that's for another post ;)


A few months later, the holy month of Ramadan arrived and I decided to fast as long as there was no harm on me or my baby, so I fasted the first 15 days continuously thinking that everything was okay judging by the baby's movement and all.. I felt more tired than usual but figured it was thnormal as I was over 28 weeks pregnant and fasting.
However, in that month's check-up, the doctor told us that the water surrounding the baby has become very low, which might affect the baby.. So I stopped fasting and drank loads of water which really encouraged my acid re-flux. I couldn't sleep well because of the heartburn and I became very self conscious of every thing I do, decision I take, and food I consume.. 
In the following doctor visits we kept checking on the water levels and although it wasn't as perfect as it should be, it was okay, but I was still advised to drink as much water as I can..

Alhamdulillah, despite having that hiccup along the way, I'd still consider my pregnancy to be very smooth and easy. I guess my excitement to finally have my baby and hold her overpowered any fear I felt or discomfort I faced..
Of course by the last weeks of my pregnancy I craved sleeping on my belly or back, and I wanted to eat all the junk food I laid eyes on! But what are these compared to being able to hold my healthy and beautiful baby in my arms?!.. To being able to hold Allah's greatest gift to us yet 💖

You May Also Like

0 comments