God's Greatest Gift Yet

by - August 06, 2019

So it's been a year and a half since my last blog post, and SO many things have happened during that time.. I tried a few jobs and internships as a graphic and interior designer, traveled to Europe twice with my in-laws and once with my family, and both trips were amazing.. I guess I'll put up a couple of posts regarding those trips, especially that they were filled with activities and moving around countries and cities instead of sticking around in one place..



However, the most important event of the past year and half was being pregnant and giving birth to a beautiful baby girl, which happened a little over 3 weeks ago.. For some reason the memories feel so distant yet so close; weird description, I know, but whenever I look back at those memories I feel like they happened a long while back, but then I look at the cutie-pie in my arms and I realize it's only been 3 weeks. Maybe it's because we're still getting used to the newest addition to our family, but she is truly a blessing..
I guess i'll be writing about my journey through pregnancy, giving birth, and recording my baby's growth in several blog posts; not only as way to support other moms-to-be the way I found support and comfort in reading and listening to other mothers' stories and experiences, but also as way to record this huge part of my life so that one day I get to relive those beautiful memories as I read them out loud to my baby girl and tell her how much joy she has brought into our lives 


So for part number 1 of the series, let me introduce you to baby Malak! 
A beautiful baby girl whose face is as round as a full moon with two full cheeks poking out at each side.. Her eyes are slowly turning blue and her eyebrows are still not completely filled in, which makes her facial expressions both adorable and funny.. Her tight lips outline her small mouth which surprisingly opens so wide when she yawns! She's calm and well-poised, which clearly shows even at her very young age.. She doesn't cry much and is very quiet and angelic, much like her name, Malak, which means (angel) in Arabic.
She loves to be bathed and washed in warm water, and she loves to be held and cradled.. She makes very cute noises when she's asleep and she stretches so much! She sleeps like her father, with both arms raised above her head, and she sometimes snores, which is just too adorable, and she's at that stage where newborn clothes won't fit her any more but the 0-3 months clothes are a bit too big, so her small hands are hidden inside the sleeves and her feet inside the legs of her onsies 

In the next post under this new series I'll talk a bit about my pregnancy and share a few helpful thoughts and tips I lived by during those 9 months, or 37 weeks to be exact.. 
When you're reading this in the future, Malak, I want you to know how happy we are for having you in our lives ♥ There's something new to learn and experience almost everyday with you and we couldn't be more content.. May Allah bless you in your life and give you days as beautiful and wonderful as you are..

With love,
Mama Aya

You May Also Like

0 comments