Food, Served!

by - December 23, 2015

Assalamualaikom everybody and I hope you're all having a great day/evening/night! This is a new series I decided to start as I am getting used to cooking now - or so I like to believe - and therefore I can share with you some yummy recipes I am cooking at home.

For this blogpost, i'll share with you the simplest and easiest salad you can make, as well as the delicious 'Greek' chicken platter I made yesterday ~


(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ Green Salad :


This salad is the easiest to make - seriously. All you need is your favorite vegetables, chooped and tossed with lemon juice, olive oil and salt! The portion and dressing depends on how much you eat and how you like it.. My husband and I usually have one tomato, one cucumber, and about five leaves of lettuce, with the juice of half a lemon.



(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ Greek Chicken Platter:


I found this dish online and instantly wanted to make it as it looked so delicious! All you need is:
❃ Chicken - I had 7 skinless chicken drumsticks.
❀ Potatoes - I cut two big potatoes into quarters and smaller pieces.
✿ Garlic - for the seasoning, I used about 6 cloves which I cut very small
❁ Olive Oil - for the seasoning, just to mix everything well.
✾ Lemon juice - for the seasoning, I squeezed half a cup of lemon juice which was about two and a half lemons.

❃ Dried Oregano - for the seasoning. 
❀ Salt - for the seasoning.

These are the basic ingredients you'll need, and now for the steps:
✿ Season the chickens and diced potatoes with the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt.
❁ Lay the drumsticks and potatoes on the oven tray and pour some water around them so that they won't stick to the tray.
✾ Pour the seasoning over the pieces and around them.
❃ Put the tray in the oven over a heat of 180 degrees celc. for about 40 minutes or until the chicken in cooked. After about 20 minutes pull the tray out a bit and toss what is in it just so it won't burn.
❀ After the chickens are cooked, take them out of the tray and put them into a bowl, leaving by that the potatoes in the tray.
✿ Put the potatoes back in the oven on higher heat until they are cooked - they shouldn't be hard to cut into and they will get golden edges.
❁ Once everything is cooked, put the chickens back in the tray and heat everything for about 5 minutes to serve directly from the tray, or put the chickens and potatoes on the serving plate and add some more water to the seasoning in the oven tray, mix, then drizzle it over the plate..

Unfortunately, this is the only image I took of this dish, but I can't tell you how delicious it was! It was so easy to make as well, and my husband loved it..




ღ Bonne appetite! ღ



You May Also Like

0 comments