Seven Things to Focus On This Ramadan ~

by - June 04, 2016

Subhanallah, how time flies! Ramadan is once again nearby, exactly when we, I especially, are in need; for its blessings in time and actions, as well as its spiritual flows and energy.
As the days until we meet our beloved month become less, I decided to plan my month ahead as I usually end up coming up with my own schedules and plans spontaneously but run out of time to actually accomplish my goals. Therefore, I wrote down seven things I want to focus on or start doing this Ramadan. Of course accidental changes of plans may occur, but never the less, planning how I want to fill my days beforehand gives me a clear view of where I'm standing now and how I want to become 30 days later.

Also, I chose these focal points based on things I have started but stopped doing, as well as wish to start doing to improve my health, both spiritually, and physically..



1. As I usually focus on reading Quraan and finish the biggest number of khitmas I can do, I decided to focus on memorizing Quraan as well.
In fact, I have already started memorizing the Holy Book, but sadly, my enthusiasm and will slowly started to diminish, until I eventually stopped. That's why, inshallah, I'm planning to start memorizing again this month and finish memorizing at least 3 parts!

2. Other than improving my five daily prayers and taraweeh at the end of the day, Inshallah, I'm willing to pray an 'extra day' every day; meaning that I would pray Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Ishaa every day instead of those that I previously prayed incomplete, like if I wasn't focused well, and so on.

3. Not only does paying 'sadaqah' improves and purifies ones physical well-being, it also improves their gifts and blessing from Allah, as the Prophet PBUH has taught us. In fact, I strongly believe in improving bad situations and good ones by paying even a very small amount of money. And so, I decided, to train myself on paying daily, especially during Fajr for its many blessings.

4. The number 400 just jumped to my mind and so I thought, why not!  Zikr, or the mentioning of Allah's name as well as praying upon the Prophet PBUH are also my focal points this Ramadan, and inshallah I'll try to do as many as I can..

5. Inshallah, I will start watching less Youtube, and therefore reducing my addiction to it. However, that doesn't include watching beautiful series and videos such as the ones I previously mentioned here, as well as a new set of episodes set to be released in Ramadan like the ones of Alhabib Ali Al Jifri and Ahmad AlShugairi.

6. Praying with the same terms and for the same intentions may lead to feeling bored or unenthusiastic about praying anymore and asking God for His blessings. Therefore, Inshallah, I'm intending to start changing my prayers, phrases, and intentions every night to increase my 'dictionary', and prabably find more beautiful ways to praise God and ask Him, Al Mighty, for His blessings.

7. Lastly, but probably most importantly, repentance. Ramadan always leaves its impact on me by reconnecting me to my beautiful religion and Merciful God, and inshallah this Ramadan I am planning to do the same, by repenting from what I have done before and starting a new chapter..

I guess this will become a checklist and a continuous reminder of what I want to change and accomplish this Ramadan, so.. may Allah help me and you by using every second of this holy month to please Him and improve our lives to the better, inshallah..

You May Also Like

0 comments