Finally a Graduate!

by - December 04, 2017

Yay! I finally graduated! - Well, I kind of was a graduate when I finished uni in May :P but the official ceremony was last week and everything was just perfect..

To be honest, I didn't really want to attend the ceremony as I heard it was going to be very simple and boring.. My parents, however, felt like they've been waiting their whole lives to witness their daughter walking on that (pretty small) stage, so I couldn't really let them down.. My husband, Humam, was also more excited than I am for this! He kept on talking about how hard it was for him to stay up with me during submission nights and eat meals we either bought or took from our parents xD
And to be honest, the ceremony wasn't really what made my day - it was the family get-together Humam planned for us and both our families.. and guess what?! It was on a boat! AH! ok ok enough for the introduction hehe - allow me to walk you through my day <3


🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷




Waking up, I was pretty excited about what the day will hold for me.. I had no idea about what I was supposed to do in the ceremony! But nevertheless, I was excited to see my family and really hoping I'd see the pride in their eyes once they see me on that stage..
I wore my dress but was SO conflicted in how to accessorize it that I had to take it to Snapchat to let people decide for me! My dress was pretty simple, it was the beautiful Sapphire Dress, designed by Annah Hariri (whom I've featured here previously just because I absolutely love her designs!).. It's royal blue, perfect to match my graduation gown, modest, and very comfortable! I didn't know however whether to wear silver or gold accessories - but after a VERY long conflict, I decided to go with silver!


So, I wore my silver scarf
silver metal belt
silver watch
and my silver heels which i'm IN LOVE with!!.. 


Once I arrived to the hotel where the ceremony was held, I rushed to get everything done so I can have time to take pictures with my friends and family before the sun goes down.. We took A LOT of pictures, snaps, boomerangs.... you name it! It was great to see my friends again since the last time we actually saw each other properly was mid May..


🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷





The ceremony was small and brief.. Only 3 schools were present at the ceremony as the others have attended previous ceremonies in the morning or the day before..
Unlike EVERY situation in my life, I was actually the very last to get called upon! Which gave me more than enough time to watch how the others walked on stage and how I was supposed to walk and behave.. It also gave me time to take pictures and cheer to my friends..
We had no caps to throw, but still the ceremony was special, and we were very warmly welcomed into the Alumni club and the 'world after university'..

Following the ceremony was a big buffet which we nibbled on before going to the after party where the rest of my family awaits..


🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷




This party honestly was one of the nicest parties I've ever had! Humam was the main event planner/ manager/ host, and I could not thank him enough for what he did for me..
So, the after party took place on a boat in the Marina, and it was honestly, beautiful.. Both our families were there, the weather was amazing, the calmness of the sea was mesmerizing, and the food was very funky and delicious.. Alhamdulillah everyone had a great time, especially that we got to talk, laugh, and everyone shared different stories from when they went to university..
The cruise ended at 12, and we each went home and went straight to bed.. My brothers have apparently missed school the next day, we woke up late for work! xD
Thankfully the next day wasn't very busy as the next day was a national holiday/ weekend for Al Mawlid Al Nabawi and the UAE's National Day <3


Tell me about yourselves in the comments section down below or on Twitter! :D
Are you in uni yet? Have you graduated uni? How do you find life after uni? Maybe I can learn a thing or two in order to prepare myself for looking for jobs :3

Stay safe, take care, and talk to you soon inshallah in the next blogpost!
Salam <3

You May Also Like

0 comments